Electrical Fire Contained At Orland Restaurant
Monday, August 10, 2020

ORLAND – Multiple departments responded to a fire at an Orland restaurant.

Orland Volunteer Fire Department Chief Kim Norton says his department was called to Chubby's Fish and Steak just after 3 PM Saturday. Because of the size and location of the building, Orland requested mutual aid. The Fremont Fire Department arrived as did the Bronson Fire Department with their ladder truck.

Fire crews were able to quickly put out the fire, and remained on scene for over an hour and a half to evacuate smoke from the basement and assist with cleanup outside the restaurant.

Norton says the initial investigation shows the fire started on the outside of the front of the structure and was deemed accidental, not electrical in nature. No injuries were reported and damage estimates are not available.

Also assisting were the Orland Town Marshall, the Steuben County Sheriff's Department and the Steuben County EMS.

Chubby's has been locally owned by Kellie and Kevin Kain for over 30 years. Employees, family members and friends gathered outside the restaurant showing support to the Kain family.